The handover : how we gave control of our lives to corporations, states, and AIs / David Runciman.
- ISBN: 9781631496943
- ISBN: 1631496948
- Physical Description: 328 pages : illustrations, charts ; 24 cm
- Edition: First American edition.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Liveright Publishing Corporation, a division of W.W. Norton & Company, 
- Copyright: ©2023
First published in Great Britain in 2023 by Profile Books Ltd.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 276-309) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction. States, corporations, robots -- Superagents -- Groupthink -- A matter of life and death -- Tribes, churches, empires -- The great transformation -- You didn't build that -- Beyond the State -- Who works for whom? -- Conclusion. The second singularity.
An eminent political thinker uses our history with states and corporations--"artificial agents" to which we have granted immense power--to predict how AI will remake society.
Search for related items by subject
Corporations > Social aspects.
State, The > Social aspects.
Artificial intelligence > Social aspects.
Technology and civilization > Forecasting.
- 2 of 4 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Kent Memorial Library - Suffield.
- 1 current hold with 4 total copies.